You already have skills and knowledge inside you that people will pay for. And I’m going to show you how you can use them to make money — even if you’re not an expert, have no credentials, or don’t know what those skills are.
In today’s video you’ll learn:
- The only credential you need to run a successful online business (it doesn’t require years of study or experience — hell, you may already have it) (3:30)
- How you can start a business with skills and knowledge you already have but don’t think are valuable (5:05)
- How to connect deeply and authentically with your customers (5:40)
The “What If I Were Perfect?” Technique
If you haven’t watched today’s video, go ahead and do that now. If you skip it this probably won’t make sense. I built the module that way on purpose because it’s important that people not try to jump ahead.
After you’ve watched the video, I’ve got a different kind of challenge for you. It’s something I call the “What if I Were Perfect?” Technique.
I want you to imagine you’re perfect. You look perfect, you feel perfect, you have the perfect knowledge of your area of expertise.
Imagine you’re the love child of Kali — Hindu goddess of life and death — and Batman.
Pretend for a moment that you have no fear and people are clamoring to hear what you can teach.
What would you do if you were perfect? Literally write it out. The second thing I want you to do is not just think about yourself. What kind of results would you get for your readers, fans and followers?
Would it be:
- You helped me lose 50 pounds.
- You showed me how to make the high-school football team.
- You helped me set up my finances.
Whatever it is, I want you to take it and write it in the comments.
1. Use the “What if I Were Perfect?” Technique. Here are 2 questions to get your brain going:
- If you weren't worried about credentials, being an expert, or the competition... what online business would you start?
- What would be a dream RESULT for your customers? (Ex: “I lost 50 lbs” or “I made the football team!”)
2. Hold yourself accountable: Complete this sentence: “I'm starting an online business to help my customers ____________.” and share it Twitter or Facebook.